Monday, June 27, 2011

West Haven days cook-off

Saturday - June 25, 2011

Today we did the West Haven days cook-off. Thomas decided he didn't want to do it, so Krystal joined me. We made our Calico Chicken, Sweet Rosemary rolls, and a carrot pineapple cake. We didn't place, but the judges were willing to give us some good hints. We did get a cash award for participating and a cooler. I gave Krystal the cooler, and when we got home I mentioned that Stephen thought we should buy another dutch oven. My son in law David said don't you have enough. I said nope.

Jennifer and Stephen were on a team. They made barbeque ribs, featherlight ranch rolls, and a triple chocolate cherry cake. They didn't place, but they both had fun, and their food was really good.

So, do we do these cook-offs to win first place? not really. They are fun, and we learn a lot each time we do one. We have met lots of great friends and it is fun to see them at each of the cook-offs that we go to. It is like a big family reunion. Some day it would be great to win first place and go to world's, but more importantly, it is the bonding that I am doing with my children. We have fun doing these cook-offs together.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, That's what matters most. Glad you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete